Sunday, September 20, 2009

Everything is good...

I deleted my last post because my feelings were hurt and I wrote it out of anger and feeling hurt. But I just want to say that we laid in bed for about 2hrs just talking and we said EVERYTHING. I told him how i felt, and he apologized and said he wasnt thinking at the time. He also said that he probably made it sound a little more than it was but he completely understood why i was angry with him and he even thanked me for sharing my feelings. And then, I wanted to make sure that we had everything out and that we werent done talking but wishing that we had said more. So we talked about the things he felt, and what I do that either angers or annoys him. And I told him my feelings about sometimes feeling unimportant, and jealous. He said that his friends have been asking and wanting to meet me (cuz i've only met a few) and that he was very happy that I will soon be getting every other weekend off, because he wants me to go to places with him and be a couple. And I told him about how completely unsecure I am in myself and how I always long for everyone to like me (even though I dont always show it). He totally understood and even though i dont see them in myself he listed off a bunch of things that make me special. I was feeling much better by this point. But I decided that since my mom keeps pushing and pushing this spiritual stuff on me, that we should probably talk about that too. And we did, I told him how I was feeling about religion and christianity and he completely understood. We talked a bit about his journey through it and we are on the same page with that now. By the end of our talk I feel 100times closer to him then I have before and I was so happy that I could share my feelings and he could share his. I thought this would be our first fight but even though it took a long time we were able to get everything out without feeling anger or yelling. And the closeness we shared just laying in bed together really helped to calm me down. I would totally recommend that to anyone else who doesnt want to scream and yell at each other when having a fight. I will definately be doing that again in the future.

4 comments:

Cherise said...

WOOHOO! It all worked out! I'm proud of you guys for not yelling and being COMPLETELY honest with eachother. Sounds like your off to the right kind of start in your relationship.

I'm also glad you'll be getting some weekends off. That will definately help your social life and your couple time.

Nikki Funk said...

Yeah I'm very happy that soon my social life and couple time will get better. Oh and Cherise, I need to give you crap lol. Can you please stop bringing up wedding stuff when Kyle is around. We've been talking about it a little more and I want him to propose when he is ready. But when everyone keeps bring it up and asking us about it then it kinda makes him back off more cuz he wants to do it when he's ready not feel pressured into it. Thanks :)

Heather Jean said...

Ivon & I often have "pillow talk"..its something we both look forward too. Its kind of a routine for us to do our devotions together and then talk about things, its so awesome!
I always think that things happen for a reason, even situations in our relationships, to build them up and make them stronger.
You guys make a great couple!!

Nikki Funk said...

Thanks Heather!!
I definately agree with you about things happening to help build relationships and making them stronger. :)
I love your phrase..."pillow talk" I will most probably be using that phrase in the future :) lol